- Published Date
The Sports Club Bellagio is the only sports club in Bellagio, near Como.
It 'was founded June 14, 1908. In 1988 the company was awarded the Gold Star of Merit Sports. The historical disciplines are still active rowing and football.
he football activities began in 1919 when, under the chairmanship of Oreste Sampietro, the company bought its first football field near the Municipal Schools, then under construction.
The field was not large enough to allow the membership of the FIGC and for many years the team competed only friendly matches with companies within the U.L.I. C. It was only later, in 1945, thanks to President Ambrosgio Bifolco former secretary and cashier since 1908, who found the funds for the purchase of a regulation field and the Bellagio, that he enrolled in regional championships. On this occasion it a pack of rugby shirts in black and yellow with horizontal stripes, shorts and socks yellow-blacks blacks, was bought and which then became the official kit of the club.
From 1958-1959 the team played in the league of Lombardy first and second division.
Then, from 2003-2004 it always participated in the second and third category, with the exception of the 1987-1988 season in which he made his debut in first class. In the 2004/2005 season, it won the championship of the second category (group of Sondrio) and back to first class for two seasons.
In the 2007/2008 season after relegation last year, it returned to the first category for two more seasons.
At the end of 2010, it returns to the second category.
In the current season, the team participates in the first round of the Second Category of the delegation made up of teams of Sondrio Como, Lecco and Sondrio. As for the rose giallonera a renewa was made, with the addition of many promising young people, therefore there has been a change to the technical team, with the move of Mister Teotonio Raffaele. The ranking at the end of the first round, is not the best, but the team is growing and is aiming for salvation.
Since 2005 the club was named Union Amateur Athletic Association Bellagio.
The current HQ is the home stadium "Carlo Montè General" of Bellagio, with about 1000 seats.
Among the players who have distinguished themselves in the history of the team include Bellagio Eugenio Bruschini and Glauco Gilardoni.